Friday, November 26, 2010

Toll House Pie




I'll make this quick because I'm suffering from post-holiday-can't-get-my-butt-in-gear syndrome. If you want an easy, but delicious dessert, this is your baby. I've been hearing my friend MaryBeth talk about this pie for awhile now, and she has graciously shared the recipe. At first I had a hard time imagining a chocolate chip cookie inside of a pie crust, but this works. It really does! I could see topping this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but everyone liked it all by itself.

Toll House Cookie Pie

2 eggs

1/2 cup flour

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 1/2 sticks butter, softened

1 cup walnuts, chopped

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 9-inch pie shell


Heat your oven to 325 degrees F. In large bowl, beat the eggs at high speed until foamy, about 3 minutes.

This is what mine looked like:



Beat in flour, sugar, and brown sugar until well blended, then beat in the butter.


Since this only has 1/2 cup of flour, the consistency will be light, like chocolate chip cookie dough is before you add all the flour:



Next, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, and pour (mine was thick so I used a spatula to scoop it) into your prepared pie crust:



Bake 55-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

Finished pie:




Yum! Thanks again, MaryBeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment